Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chestnut puree?

A recipe calls for a jar of chestnut puree. (NOT CANNED)


1.What is that?


2. What is it usually for?


3. Where can I buy it? (Somewhere local... like Walmart, Target, Abertsons... NOT Henry's, Trader Joes, online...)


4. What the price?

Chestnut puree?
usually nut puree's like that are used for baked goods like baklava and marsipan.... I believe you can find it near the almond paste probably in the baking section of your supermaket... I would try Walmart I believe the have a wider variety of products to offer... as for price.... I'm not sure, sorry! It's been a while since I've purchased it!
Reply:1.What is that?


Roasted Chestnuts are then cooked with some type of fat like butter and/or milk and a couple of flavorings or spices. Depends on the intended dish.





2. What is it usually for?


Usually baking. Chestnut Puree is also an excellent accompaniment for turkey, fillet of beef, and lamb.





3. Where can I buy it? (Somewhere local... like Walmart, Target, Abertsons... NOT Henry's, Trader Joes, online...)





Check local gourmet groceries and health food storesl. You are unlikely to find it at a large chain department store.





I wouldn't rule out the quality of a chestnut puree based on the packaging. Some canned goods are better than jarred goods. Just depends on the maker.





4. What the price?


$5.00 - $20.00 + tax


No comments:

Post a Comment