Saturday, November 14, 2009

How can I root a branch from a horse chestnut tree? Should I put earth in a bucket of water or something else.

I am living in England and found a branch of a horse chestnut tree that was budding. I put it in water and all the buds have opened, leaves came out etc. How can I keep it alive? Should I put it in a bucket of water and add soil to it? Or, should I add something else? Should I give it organic plant food? Will it root or will it eventually just die?

How can I root a branch from a horse chestnut tree? Should I put earth in a bucket of water or something else.
You may try root hormone but I think you'd be better off trying to graft the limb onto a good rootstock.
Reply:Your best bet is to plant the seeds (Conkers)





However, you could try digging a shallow trench and laying the stem down, cover up leaving just the tip exposed, it might root that way.

Bad Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment